8-DAY/7 nights SPRING EQUINOX ASHTANGA YOGA RETREAT with BELA LIPAT
13-20 MARCH, 2017
Welcome Spring in Magical Lapland!
Join us for an 8days/ 7 nights Spring Equinox Ashtanga Yoga Retreat
Experience the joy of Ashtanga Yoga, Meditation and Self-discovery surrounded by the magical beauty of Nature in Finnish Lapland. Take time out from a long winter and unwind with us on this Ashtanga Yoga retreat. Reconnect to your body, mind, and spirit by recharging your system with Asana, Pranayama and Meditation every morning, Yin and Restorative Yoga in the afternoons, plus additional Technique classes and Philosophy discussions.
This retreat is open for all levels of practitioners guided by KPJAYI Authorized Teacher, Bela Lipat.
Where you will stay:
Accommodations are in a traditional 2 floor Finnish log house from 1890’s, with modern amenities. The tranquil and idyllic setting is located an hour away from Rovaniemi, at a lakeside in the wilderness of Lapland. The air and snow are pure, without city lighting to obscure your Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) viewing. Come and experience a yoga retreat like no other!
Retreat package includes:
– Accommodation of your choice in a Lappish Log House for 8 days/7nights
– separate toilets and shower facilities
– 2 Vegetarian Meals/day (brunch & dinner), coffee and tea
– Daily traditional wood fire sauna and avanto (winter swimming)
– All yoga/meditation/philosophy classes
– Group transfer from Rovaniemi City/Airport to retreat center at 3pm on March 13th day. Return after breakfast on the 20th at 12noon.
* Please book your flights to arrive before the 3pm airport/city transfer, and to depart after 12noon for the airport transfer.
– Visit to the Arctic Circle and Santa Claus Village (dinner off-site at Santa Claus Village not included)
– Traditional sauna daily
– Husky Park Visit and Husky Sled Ride
– Visit to Reindeer Farm and Reindeer Ride
– Snowmobile ride on retreat site
– Snow Shoe Hiking
Optional Activities not included:
– Historic Finnish Smoke Sauna
– Long safaris (husky, reindeer, snowmobile)
– Cross-Country Skiing (rental of skis available on site)
Sample Daily Schedule:
7-10am Meditation, Breathwork, and Asana practice
REST / Afternoon Activities of your choice
4-5:00pm Yin/Technique class
5-6:00pm Philo/Meditation class
**To accommodate the activites included in the retreat package, two of the afternoons will be offsite to visit the Santa Claus Village and Reindeer Farm visit, and another trip to visit the Husky Park. There will be no afternoon classes on these afternoons.
GETTING HERE AND AWAY:
from Helsinki: train, bus or flight to Rovaniemi
EARLY BIRD RATES available until January 15th 2017
Room type: early bird / normal price
Quadruple Sharing: 780 / 880Eur
Triple Sharing: 810 / 910Eur
Twin Sharing: 845 / 945Eur
Single Room: 890 / 990Eur
IBAN: FI95 1134 3500 4069 55
“Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen.” – Leonardo Da Vinci